Nurturing Healthy, Affordable Child Care
Calgary and Area Alberta Family Child Care Association
AFCCA Calgary and Area is an association of licensed family child care agencies in and around Calgary.
Our member agencies are committed to excellence in childcare and oversee approved, local, family day homes.
As part of the AFCCA, we are contracted with Child and Family Services. We work together to create consistent, regulated, quality family child care programs in our region and ensure provincial family day home standards are met in all our partner day homes.
Why choose an AFCCA family child care agency?
- Inclusive child care 0-12 years old
- Combination of a home-like environment + professional standards
- Flexible hours (including evenings and weekends)
- Oversight to ensure day homes meet government standards for
- Health and safety
- Program planning
- Child ratios and supervision
- Security screening and safety inspections done by agency
- Lower child-adult ratios
- Regular monitoring and support
- Resources and training for parents and caregivers
- Access to child care subsidy and other government support/referrals
- Agency consultants are an extra resource to families + day home providers