Info for Parents
The Child and Family Services (CFS) contracts with the Agency to recruit, approve and offer training and support to individual Dayhome Providers
and to monitor compliance to Family Dayhome Standards.
The CFS monitors the Agency to ensure that standards are met. CFS monitors agency performance by reviewing the operations, activities, records and the care in Providers' homes according to these standards and the terms of the contract.
The mandate of contracted agencies and Approved Family Dayhome Providers is to offer Quality Childcare service in a family environment that meets the needs of children and families within the community.
- Recruit, approve and contract with Providers who are able and willing to meet Ministry standards,
- Provide training and support to Providers, including orientation sessions, courses, conferences, workshops, home visits and individual study.
- Assist parents in finding a Family Dayhome suitable for their child and family's needs,( including flexible hours and shift work)
- Provide access to the Childcare Subsidy Program on behalf of enrolled parents.
- Regularly monitor Family Day Home Providers (unannounced) including the following: